Donnerstag, 14. Oktober 2010

Progress on week 3

This week we got tow assignments. The first one is a bouncing ball witch the weight of a soccerball or basketball with a limit of 100 frames. This is not as easy as it sounds.
I began my planing for the shot and after it looked good for me, I went over to Maya.
I started witch my key poses of the ball. After that I worked on the timing and spacing of the arcs. The problem is to get a smooth ending of the animation within the frame limit. For my work it meant to cut of frames from the beginning and extend the ending.
So this is my progress so far



To get more practice for the timing and spacing I worked on another bouncing ball exercise.
When I have time before the next weeks assignment starts I will try to animate a few other bouncing ball clips
- short update, just another bouncing ball test - 



The second assignment for this week is to pose Stu in a way witch communicates excitement. I sketched some poses and shortly realized that nearly all were full of cliché elements. 


I picked one pose for the beginning and started to pose it in 3D. It looked kind of good to me. It has a good line of action, a good silhouette and no twinning. 



The next day a AM-Buddy send me a mail with a link to a pose with was nearly the same one as I did. So I thought: back to the drawing board!
I thought about moments when people get excited and what kind of people could communicate this the best way possible. After a few moments I thought of a child jumping in front of her dad who has a birthday present behind his back.
I started to sketch the pose and posed both characters in 3D.

It wasn't as good as i imagined it so I went along with some more possibilities of a child and her dad to get excited. The final thought I had was, that the girl hasn't seen her dad for quit a while and keep running like crazy in his arms. This is the progress on this pose. I hope I can push it even more to get it perfect :)
Hope you like it

2 Kommentare:

  1. Ah, blogging... Great job Matthias! But I would suggest embedding quick time player, you can go frame by frame with it.. :D

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. thx man, I will change that next week :)

    AntwortenLöschen