Mittwoch, 27. Oktober 2010

Progress on Week 5

It's unbelievable how much fun it is to animate a bouncing ball. This week its get even better, a bouncing ball and an obstacle course. 
I started my planning on this assignment by making a screen shot from all 3 obstacle courses and opened them in Photoshop. I drew some bouncing possibilities right onto the image and tried to think about the timing of each bounce. After I had the path I added the balls or circles into the image and thought about the spacing. As this week is all about squash and stretch, I also added some drawings for that into my planning. 
After a while I came up with this on.

 
I knew already that it was going to be tough to get this animation into 120 frames.
I blocked the key poses in Maya and added some breakdowns. 
I worked on the timing and spacing and after tweaking here and there I was quite happy with the result. I started to add the rotation to the ball so its always line up with the path its traveling. 
Now came the fun part :)
I added some squashes and stretches over the animation and it was such a gigantic different.
The animation is still work in progress, but here is what I've got so far.




Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen